Saturday, December 29, 2007

On Broken Hearts

In this message, I plan to present you with four points about broken hearts and how G-d cares. Hearts can be broken many ways. They can be broken by the death of a loved one, be they friend or family. They can be broken by having your feelings hurt. Or for those of you in a relationship or want a relationship with someone, that person doesn't want a relationship with you.

First of all, know that G-d cares about your broken heart. He loves and cares for us all and hates to see us in pain. That is why when we need it, His arms are outstretched and ready to take us in and comfort us. He is our Father, and we are His Children.

Tehillim (Psalms) 56:8
You have kept count of my wanderings; store my tears in your water-skin -aren't they already recorded in your book?

Yesha'yahu (Isaiah) 61:1
The Spirit of Adonai ELOHIM is upon me, because ADONAI has anointed me to announce good news to the poor. He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted; to proclaim freedom to the captives, to let out into light those bound in the dark...

Yesha'yahu 57:15
For thus says the High, Exalted One who lives forever, whose name is Holy: "I live in the high and holy place but also with the broken and humble, in order to revive the spirit of the humble and revive the hearts of the broken ones.

Messiah has the same heart towards the downtrodden.

Yochanan (John) 11:33-36
When Yeshua saw her crying, and also the Judeans who came with her crying, he was deeply moved and also troubled. He said, Where have you buried him? They said, "Lord, come and see." Yeshua cried; so the Judeans there said, "See how he loved him!"

Secondly, G-d is in charge of everything in our lives. He knows what is best. We just have to trust him in that. We have to put our trust in Him when we are going through troubles, and we must cry out to Him. He is faithful to save us. His arms are outstretched. We have but to reach out and accept His loving embrace.

Mishlei (Proverbs) 19:21
One can devise many plans in one's mind, but ADONAI's plan will prevail.

Yesha'yahu 25:1
ADONAI, you are my G-d. I exalt you, I praise your name. For you have accomplished marvels, [fulfilled] ancient plans faithfully and truly.

Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 29:11-13
For I know what plans I have in mind for you,' says ADONAI,'plans for well-being, not for bad things; so that you can have hope and a future. When you call to me and pray to me, I will listen to you. When you seek me, you will find me, provided you seek for me wholeheartedly...

Tehillim 33:11
But the counsel of ADONAI stands forever, his heart's plans are for all generations.

Third, G-d will respond to our needs. Relief WILL come. If you call out to Him, He will come running to help you. He will lift up your head and give you reasons to smile and be happy. He can mend your broken heart with more than a temporary band-aid fix. He's got your hear in His hands, and He will work to heal it if you call on His Name.

Tehillim 34:18
ADONAI is near those with broken hearts; he saves those whose spirit is crushed.

Tehillim 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Kohelet (Ecclesiastes) 3:11
He has made everything suited to its time; also, he has given human beings an awareness of eternity; but in such a way that they can't fully comprehend, from beginning to end, the things G-d does.

Yochanan (John) 14:1, 27
Don't let yourselves be disturbed. Trust in G-d and trust in me...What I am leaving with you is shalom -- I am giving you my shalom. I don't give the way the world gives. Don't let yourselves be upset or frightened.

Finally, when we are hurting, G-d can use that pain and the comfort He gives us to help others who are in pain. And He may use YOU to bring that comfort to others in pain. For G-d comforts us all in our troubles, He mends our broken hearts, He has compassion on us when we are sad, and He equips us with the ability to do the same to others.

2 Corinthians 1:3-6
Grace to you and shalom from G-d our Father and the Lord Yeshua the Messiah. I thank my G-d always for you because of G-d's love and kindness given to you through the Messiah Yeshua, in that you have been enriched by him in so many ways, particularly in power of speech and depth of knowledge.

No comments: